Disposable diapers are one of the items a family spends the most money on during the first three years of a baby’s life. With five changes a day, it is not difficult to calculate the cost per month equal to 150 diapers.
The older the child, the lower this figure, however, a tangible amount will be spent for the first year, but if you use the proven tips below, you can save a little.
How to save money on disposable baby diapers
The word speaks for itself: a disposable diaper must be thrown away if the child has used it at least once. It is convenient and hygienic, they absorb well, protect the delicate skin of the baby from irritation, they do not need to be washed, which saves maternal strength.
In addition to the advantages, there are disadvantages – high price, low environmental friendliness, the likelihood of a later manifestation of interest in the pot. But let’s not get distracted from the main task. Below are tips to help you save money.
- Pay attention to different manufacturers. In most cases, parents choose one brand, because these diapers are the perfect fit for the baby – they do not rub anywhere and do not cause allergies. If the price is not too satisfied, the thought of trying another company does not even arise. This phenomenon is due to parental calmness and an innate tendency to avoid risks. But if you do a little “brute force” and decide on a few of the most suitable manufacturers, there will be more opportunities for savings, since often promotions with discounts come one after another. Thus, you will not have to spend half of the family budget just because this month there may not be a promotion and more.
- Compare prices for each diaper. Consider not the cost of the whole package, but the total price of one diaper, also pay attention to other packages with the same number of diapers. The advice seems obvious, so let’s put it in the category of parents of “beginners”
- Ask for help from loved ones. Parents love their children very much, and this very fact makes them buy only the best and often expensive (but the price does not mean that the manufacturer is conscientious!). When dealing with such feelings is difficult, send your relatives for diapers. Grandparents will treat the issue of buying more rationally.
- Give preference to the largest package. Usually, a package with a large number of diapers is cheaper, and it doesn’t matter if there is a promotion for it or not. But in this case, it does not hurt to once again make sure that the price is really favorable.
- Potty train as soon as possible. One of the best ways to save money is to get your baby out of diapers as early as possible. As parental practice shows, this is possible after the first year of life or as soon as the child has learned to sit on his own.
Cloth diapers as a way to save money
Over the past few years, the use of reusable diapers has greatly increased, today this type is chosen by about 15% of families.
Cloth diapers are made from highly absorbent materials such as bamboo, cotton, hemp or microfiber. This fact can be attributed to the advantage and disadvantage at the same time.
The fact is that when using them, the skin of a child remains moist longer compared to disposable ones, therefore the risk of diaper rash increases.
More frequent replacement will help prevent the problem, given that one copy can be washed up to 200 times, this does not become costly and can significantly save the family budget.