Ballet, French, playing the piano… The schedule of modern children is similar to that of an adult. Does this mean that parents educate talent?
Pros and cons of preschool education
Parents strive to discover the talents of the crumbs even before he goes to school. This is where pre-school education plays a good role. Experienced teachers are engaged in preschoolers, support is provided from all sides – vocabulary increases, the ability to analyze and communicate with others. Classes are especially useful for children who do not attend kindergarten . For them, this is an opportunity to learn to control their behavior, to understand the relationship between students and teachers. Plus, it’s a great way to get ready for school. The benefits are not bypassed by adults, what could be better than professional supervision.
However, for a preschooler, development is primarily spontaneous play and communication with peers. This is what a preschooler needs, and not many hours of English and playing a musical instrument. For some adults, the desire to enrich with knowledge is so strong that the baby does not have free time for his own hobbies. Meanwhile, moderation should be observed.
When a preschooler’s time is filled with different activities, it’s a bit like replacing parental attention. In this case, they are brought up by strangers who have nothing to do with the family. They instill rules of conduct, make them perform the necessary actions and give a medal, but they will not replace mom and dad, they won’t hug and calm them down the way parents do. Emotional neglect occurs, and after all, communication with relatives is necessary for a preschooler like air. The task now is to arouse interest and take care of universal cultivation while maintaining moderation, then he will truly enjoy education.
When to introduce a child to preschool education
To ensure that additional events do not take too much time and do no harm, several conditions must be met. Firstly, the child must be at least three years old at the time of enrollment in the circle. Secondly, he should like the method of education and the teacher working there. Thirdly, the preschooler has the right to change his mind. Also, check out the list of rules below:
- Sign up for classes only if there is a lot of time left for communication. Sometimes, joint creativity is the best option for development than loneliness in society.
- Don’t compare with others. Only you decide what is more important for a preschooler – a family or 10 classes like a friend’s child.
- Make decisions together.
- Choose creative or sports lessons, they are more suitable for a preschooler than learning foreign languages, which can be organized at home in the form of a game.
- Parents who are overworked spend little time with their preschooler. They provide additional classes for peace of mind, because then, he has all the conditions for a good education. This is not a very good solution. In addition to the intellectual, emotional development is important, which does not occur properly without the presence of loved ones.
- If a preschooler only wants to play, this is a sign of the norm, not laziness. Laziness is when a healthy baby 3-4 years old refuses to help with household chores.
Lastly, there is no evidence that early childhood education accelerates a child’s development. There is evidence from experienced parents that attending a large number of classes before school inhibits logical thinking and causes aversion to learning activities.